To Nicu: How many users do you think they will lose when they switch? People who have files in OOo format that they have made for quite some time, will NOT be able to use the new format, it seems! Are they going to allow for that with a conversion of some sort? :-(

Nicu Buculei wrote:
jonathon wrote:
All:

a) Is OOo going to switch to LGPL 3.0, or will stay with
LGPL 2.1?

This is ultimately Sun's decision, thy can make it grace to the JCA. The community *may* have a word and influence this decision (either way, to stay or switch but I am afraid this will be a politic decision in the end, made by the top management)

b) What will happen to code that is submitted using the LGPL
3.0 licence?

3.0 is incompatible with 2.1, so obviously, code under this license can't be accepted. I guess contributing a lot of valuable new code under 3.0 can be a good way to influence a switch decision from Sun.