On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Kaushal Parikh  wrote:
>  I RECOMMEND TO USE A M$ COMPATIBLE SEARCH AND REPLACE ENGINE BY DEFAULT.

Using a demonstrably inferior search engine to satisfy the mediocracy
is a  bad suggestion.

>  I AM VERY HEAVY USER ON NEW LINE, TABS, AND OTHER WILD CARD PATTER MATCHING
> WHICH I FIND VERY SIMPLE TO USE IN M$ OFFICE.

If you understood what those were, you'd find it even simpler to do,
using regex.

>  NO MATTER HOW STRONG REGEX IS - IT DOES NOT SEARCH AND REPLACE NEW LINE

OOo can do search and replace of CHR(10) and CHR(13).  If that is not
what you mean by a new line, then rephrase your request to state what
you do mean.

xan

jonathon
--
OOo can not correct for incompetence in creating documents from MSO.
Furthermore,OOo can not compensate for the defective and flawed