2008/4/1, John Atkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I have now installed OpenOffice 2.4, and wish to convert my documents
> from WordPerfect 6.0a ... does anyone know how I may achieve that?
> --
> John H Atkinson

Hello John,

You can open WP files in Writer. Don't know whether there is a batch
procedure to do them all in one go... (the Wizard Conversion for Docs only
works for StarOffice and MSOffice.)

Form the Migration Guide
http://fr.openoffice.org/files/documents/67/3973/0600MG-MigrationGuide.pdf

What are the issues when migrating from
> WordPerfect to Writer?
> Can I open WordPerfect files in OOo?
> Yes, a WordPerfect filter is now available in the standard OpenOffice.org
> installation.
> What macros are available to make Writer work
> more like WordPerfect?
> Reveal codes
> OpenOffice.org's Writer does not have underlying codes in the same way
> that WordPerfect
> does. But a macro is being written that will allow you to work in a
> similar way to
> WordPerfect's reveal codes. See RevealCodes3.sxw available at
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/ for more information.
> Hanging indents
> The hanging indent concept in Writer is quite different from the concept
> used in WordPerfect.
> The best approach in OpenOffice.org is to use styles, but to ease the
> transition, see either
> AltKeyHandler.sxw or Indents.sxw available from
> http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/hillview/OOo/ for a macro that
> approximates WordPerfect's
> way of implementing hanging indents.

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger