Robert Derman wrote:
Robin Laing wrote:
Michele Anselmini wrote:

Hi, I'm MIKE.
do you think you will add an architectural CAD in Ooo? (2D or better
3D).

Thanks
miguelon

Is there cad in Office from MS?

There are many opensource cad projects out there. I use QCad myself. Looking at some 3D cad programs but no decision yet.
I think that the reason we get requests like this is that Draw *is so much better* than Microsoft's Paint which comes with windows that it actually resembles a true CADD program and people see that it is almost there, so they think that it wouldn't take much to bring it the rest of the way. Since Draw is actually a vector drawing program rather than a raster drawing program like Paint, that may in fact be true. I think that templates and add-ons could give Draw sufficient abilities in specific areas to make it useful for specific CADD applications. I think that the other reason people ask for this is that there are no FOSS CADD programs that I am aware of. If there are any, they are so poorly known that few people are aware of them.
There is an extension at
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/cadooo

I have not been able to get it running on my (linux) system due to java
issues, but you might like to give it a try.

Russell