Russell Butler wrote:
Hi All

I have become sufficiently annoyed by the behaviour of autocomplete to consider raising an issue. Being a rather slow typist, I value the use of autocompletion, though I know many of you turn it off.

However, if I have a document open, and for some reason look up the Help files, the word completion list becomes populated with words from the help file, which then become offered as options. These seem to be rarely likely to be useful.

This behaviour is seen in 2.4.1 (and earlier) and persists in 3.0 at last to the version I have installed, which is Dev300 m25

If there is any enthusiasm, I'll raise an issue for it.

Thanks for your thoughts

Russell
I would like to see a major change in the way autocomplete works, I think that it should have a PERMANENT dictionary, that stays in memory so that at some point you could turn off the gather words function and have it always refer to your permanent dictionary.