I'm sorry, but I have to ask this:

Is OO.o ever going to look at the envelope printing problems?
If not, why not?

It seems a relatively simple job to query a printer for margins, then
set a text box left, right or centered at the top or bottom of a page,
and call it a template.

I'm in the process of creating a spreadsheet to fill in envelope
template dialogs with.  So far I've done top right and top centered for
#10 and # 6 3/4 envelopes.  Now I've figured out the "how" I'll create
the rest as I come across them.

   Anyway, if anyone would like to have the Calc spreadsheet when I
finish it, respond here and I'll post it here or stage it on a web site
to download.

   I just realized I don't know if attachments will work here<g>.
Anyone know?

   If not, I'll stage it on my web site. You'll just have to "trust" me
that it's a safe place to visit<G>.

Cheers,

Twayne