2008/10/1 Uwe Fischer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> Douglas St.Clair wrote:
>

>> But help 'goes away' when no document windows are open. Historically the
>> main menu functions are always visible in a Mac application. Those menu
>> functions that are not available at any given moment are grayed out. It
>> would seem the implementation of OO goes against that approach and the root
>> application has only the APPLE and FILE and the specific applications add
>> the other menus and sub-menus as appropriate. In part my 'complaint' is
>> because OO is not 'Mac-like' in this regard.
>>

> Help is available on the Start Center screen on all other platforms. So I
> would suggest you submit this as an issue at qa.openoffice.org.
>
> Uwe

Hello,

I can confirm this (and are ready to vote if there's an issue made about
it...)
If all windows are closed in any other Mac application, the main menu (top
left) stays the same. With OOo, when all windows are closed, there's only
OpenOffice (About, Prefs, Services, Hide, Close) and File (droplist of
different OOo filetypes to open new file + open file).
So it's un-mac-like behaviour, that may confuse Mac-users.

--
Guy
using dutch OOo Aqua 3.0.0 RC2 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger