Lars,

On 2008-12-07, at 10:13 , Lars Noodén wrote:

One part I see that is very vulnerable to abuse, intentionally or
accidentally, is the "rush vote". Too much crap gets pushed through in "emergency" sessions in city councils and in student organizations. The
contingency vote also gets tried, but most of the time it is simply a
way of circumventing quorum.

Speaking of which, what is quorum and how are decisions made?

If I understand correctly, "consent" in § 5.2, and clarified in § 6.4 is
meant to be "consensus", in which case that's fine with me, with the
following clarification: abstentions and non-votes counted as "no".
Again recent years have show us the problems of allowing abstentions to
count as approval.

-Lars

This is not a city council. Nor does the CC have nearly as much power. We are not particularly vulnerable to abuse, from any side, as the funds we control, the power we have, is fairly limited, but it is for all that important to the community.
best
Louis