2009/1/6 Ian Lynch <ian.ly...@zmsl.com>

> On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 15:23 +0530, Vikram Gaur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while using openoffice.org 3.0 on windows platform, some problems are
> > being faced:
> >
> > 1.    When two persons are opening same document in network both gets
> > the document in writable mode.
> >
> > 2.    In Calc filter utility doesn't allow to filter more than 20000
> > rows.

About the filter thing, OpenOffice.org is incredibly slow with filters (and
some other stuff), so you wouldn't have time to wait for it processing 20000
rows anyway (at least if you have a couple of ten columns and the formulas
in most of the cells are somewhat more complicated than just numbers or
text). I am still waiting for the first version of OpenOffice.org that
actually can make things like this done in a resonable time. I hade a
document with about 2000 rows and maybe 20 columns. Auto-filtering them took
like forever, at least when I wanted to "unfilter" them again. First times I
thought OpenOffice.org froze,since it took minutes to finish the task. Who
have time for wait for that again and again and again?
So, as far as I concern, they should first make it resonalbe fast, THEN
change that limit.
But people keep telling me that I need a database for these kinds of things.
With arguments like that we will never see a fast OpenOffice.org.