On 03/08/09 17:55, Larry Gusaas wrote:
On 2009/03/08 10:08 AM  Rick wrote:
Robert Derman wrote:
Rick wrote:
Using OOo 3.1
[Format - Page - Background] provides the means for putting color on a page, but only within the margins. How can I color the entire page, outside the margins as well?
Thanks in advance.
Rick
You may not be able to under any conditions, it depends on the design of your printer. Neither OOo Writer nor any other word processor that I know of can "color outside the lines" so to speak. I think what you really want is to use colored paper.

I'm only interested in the visual effect so I can save it as pdf, no printing. I do it in Word 2007 with no problems.

Rick
In 'Format/Page' under 'Page' set the margins to 0. Under 'Background' set the colour you want. Under 'Borders' turn borders on and set colour to same as your background colour. Set 'Spacing to contents' to the size you want for margins.

Larry

thank you, Larry. I've posted a blog entry with this information to the OpenOffice.org Help Tips 'n' Tricks blog at http://blogs.sun.com/oootnt/entry/creating_screen_optimized_pdf_documents

Uwe
--
  u...@openoffice.org  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany