On 2009-03-30 12:06 S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
On Sat, 29 Nov 2008, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
I need to change the default date format to 2006/07/09 and the time format to 24 hour 23:55:55.
Well, after more thank 2 years,

Just a note: I found that the locale setting "English (South Africa)" (and seemingly Ghana and Namibia as well) have the closest to what I need (except that the default year have no century and default hour have no seconds). So while waiting for OpenOffice.org capability to tailor the locale setting, I probably will stick with that locale for now.

I am also interested to change the default date format, but I am not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about the Writer or the Calc? In a spreadsheet I have formatted a column as Date 1999-12-31, however in the Σ field the date appears in the US format (for example 04/05/2009). I would prefer to have in the Σ field the date format of the column, so I don't have to think simultaneously in 2 different formats. Is there a way to do this?

What exactly happens if you change the locale to English (South Africa)? And I suppose you do this inside OOo, right?

emf

--
It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation
http://www.geocities.com/itaintme_babe/itaintme.html