On Mon, 18 May 2009 15:46:56 +0200
Came this utterance formulated by Kristofer Åberg to my mailbox:

> I was on this mailing list shortly. Though I don't want my e-mail
> address to be visible on the web site, open for spammers world wide.
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=discuss&msgNo=63680
>
> So please remove this as fast as possible. I thought all people with
> an interest in computers were aware of these kind of issues.

http://www.openoffice.org/mail_list.html

*** QUOTE ***
All our lists are public.

They are not private message centers. Messages posted to them are
carried by, among others, Gmane and Google. They are public. Therefore,
consider carefully what you say: thousands if not millions may read your
words and they won't just read them today but also decades from now.
*** END QUOTE ***

As the lists are carried worldwide once it is out their no-one has any
control of it. This is backed up by:

http://www.openoffice.org/ml_guidelines.html

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416