Mike Carifio wrote:

>> Is it possible to read/write/edit .odt files with swriter in their
>> "unzipped" state? That way I can use svn for version control of the
>> parts. Pl. advise. Thanks.
>
> I wasn't specific enough in my question. Second try.
>
> Suppose I create a document using swriter 3 called
> my_example_document.odt. It's a "binary document", but actually
> it's a zip file which I could unzip after I've saved it.
>
> On a recent Linux using bash and unzip, I could say something like:
>
> $ unzip -d my_example_document my_example_document.odt
> $ cd my_example_document
> $ ls -1
> Configurations2
> content.xml
> META-INF
> meta.xml
> mimetype
> settings.xml
> styles.xml
> Thumbnails
>
> This is the "exploded" content of the odt file my_example_document.odt.
> I could (say) check this into an svn repo with something like:
>
> $ svn add ..; svn commit .. -m "my_examnple_document"
>
> Ok, good so far. Now I update my_example_document.odt using swriter,
> adding some more content. If I want the exploded contents to reflect
> these changes, I need to do the unzip operation again, overwriting
> the old contents of the directory my_example_document. What I'm looking
> for is an approach that reads the document from the directory
> my_example_document, let's me edit the contents, and then writes out
> the document to my_example_document unzipped.
>
> Based on the previous responses, I guess that there's nothing current
> "built in" that makes swriter work this way. I might be able to write
> something myself, but I don't currently have enough swriter expertise
> to do this. But I can ask the question. Please advise. Thanks.

As I wrote, once there was something built-in and the following macro
should have stored everything so that it looks like an unzipped ODF file:

        dim props(1) as new com.sun.star.beans.PropertyValue
        props(0).Name = "Overwrite"
        props(0).Value = "True"
        props(1).Name = "Unpacked"
        props(1).Value = "True"
        ThisComponent.storeToURL(myURL, props())

But it doesn't work in 3.0, so this API feature broke somewhere in the
past. I already had a look on the code and indeed there's a bug that
prevents it from working.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".