On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 22:17, Mark C. Miller

> Sorry I lack the specifics, but they weren't shared with me.  I was asked to
> research the question of any known problems with OOo on Mac computers (Intel
> chiped) and PCs (most P4s; running XP) and Mac networks.

Right off the  bat, I'd suggest  it is PEBKAC, or rather the Sysadmin,
instead of the specific user, and more specifically, a failure to
assign adequate permissions to OOo.

Without specific error messages, it is virtually  impossible to know
whether or not it is the most common error (PEBKAC), or a known OOo
issue, or something else.

jonathon