Gordon wrote:
Dr. Cadwell wrote:
Good Day Folks,
A Query:
Is Open Office designed to activate a system dial up ( Internet
connection) on start up? If so why? It is most annoying as I need to
kill it multiple times before OO 3.1 actually finishes starting. I must
note though that it's start, once the System dial up is killed, is much
faster than it's predecessors.
Dr. Cadwell

No it's not AFAIK. Are you SURE that it's OO doing it and not something
else?

Hi Could you please check a setting to see if this is the problem

Please go to >Tools >Options then within the options window go to >OpenOffice.org >Online Update. Is the "Check for updates automatically" box checked? This will automatically check for an update to OOo on the web. So uncheck the box and the auto dial-up should stop

Thanks

Rob