On 2007-11-04 02:33:33, Bob Long wrote:
> [CC:d to user]
>
> Beni von Weissenberg wrote:
> > Hello,
> > first thank you for a great product. (Writer). However I would like
> > to have one more feature in the EDIT menu. "DELETE" with maybe
> > "Delete document and its pathname" meaning that the document
> > dissapears completely from the hard disk.
>
> If you wish to stay inside OOo to delete a document, you can do
> File|Open
> and right-click|Delete on the file you want to delete, then Cancel
> the
>
> dialog window. This won't work if you are editing that particular
> document.

I'm guessing you are on windows.

I'm running 2.3 on Linux (fedora f7) - you can delete the file while
you are editing it there.  I haven't tried it on windows, so I cannot
say what happens there :-/

--
william w. austin                               waus...@speakeasy.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."