On 2007-11-21 20:31:47, jonathon wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>
> >, then Open Office should not be telling users that they have to
> adapt to some arbitrary standard.
>
> ISO standards are not arbitrary. (At least, in theory they aren't
> arbitrary.)
>
> Suggesting that one use an ISO standard instead of an arbitrary,
> non-standard, unit is a reasonable request.
>
> xan
>
> jonathon

Perhaps what Mike means is that while the ISO standard exists, his
company has a large number of documents in which people have used
whatever format they liked (randomly?) inputting the date info, and
that OOo displays the dates differently.

He might also find that such documents written in MSO 98 professional
(or earlier) sometimes exhibit a similar problem when brought up in MSO
2003 on XP. :-/

Just my $0.02 worth (actually less than that due to inflation)
- Bill

--
william w. austin                               waus...@speakeasy.net
"life is just another phase i'm going through. this time, anyway ..."