John Thompson wrote:
On 2009-12-15, elisa bucci <ebuc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have had OpenOffice for four months. I would like to know if Open Office is compatible with Microsoft concerning security. If not how do I make it secure.

What manner of security are are referring to? If password-protected documents, OOo is superior to Microsoft in that area, but due to the proprietary nature of Microsoft's products OOo cannot legally implement a means of opening protected MS-Office files (there are numerous stand-alone utilities for this, however). If something else, what exactly?

Elisa (ebuc...@yahoo.com) does not seem to be subscribed to the list and probably did not see this response.