On 2009/12/22 5:20 PM  Barbara Duprey wrote:
Harold Fuchs wrote:
I've discovered what is happening. There is some quirk in Thunderbird that causes its "from" address to be wrongly set under some circumstances. I have separate TB accounts, each with its own address It seems that sending from one sometimes uses the address of another. I haven't yet figured out what causes this. My recent unmoderated message was sent from this [subscribed] account, using the Reply button but another [unsubscribed] account's address was used as the From address. Ho hum.

Hopefully this will be unmoderated.

Nope -- also from the googlemail account, also moderated. Your outgoing SMTP server is usually the same for all accounts, Thunderbird seems to dislike trying to use different ones. Might that have something to do with it?

When sending an email through a google mail account with Thunderbird, you need to send through a SMTP server set to the name of your Googlemail account. If you send from through a SMTP server set to a different Googlemail account, Googlemail changes the from address to the name of the account you sent through. This is one of the peculiarities of gmail.

Thunderbird easily handles using multiple SMTP servers. I have nine different ones.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada