Larry Gusaas wrote:

> On 2009/12/29 6:49 AM  DrNoiZ wrote:
>> but as I was downloading the Greek version for windows found out that there
>> is a version in
>> "macedonian" language.
>>
>> As I can recall there is no such language recognized in the whole world.
>
> Macedonian  is the official language of Republic of Macedonia. Most
> United Nations member countries have  recognised the country as the
> Republic of Macedonia. These include four of the five permanent UN
> Security Council members—the United States, Russia, United Kingdom and
> the People's Republic of China; several members of the European Union
> such as Bulgaria, Poland, and Slovenia; and over 100 other UN members.
>
> It is only hate-mongering, narrow minded bigots that deny this.

Besides that: the dispute about "Macedonia" relates to the name of the
country, not to the name of the language. Nowhere in OOo we refer to a
country named "Macedonia", here we are talking about a *language*. And
the term "Macedonian" is absolutely correct.

ISO uses "MACEDONIA, THE FORMER YUGOSLAV REPUBLIC OF" as the name of the
country:

http://www.iso.org/iso/english_country_names_and_code_elements

but is uses "Macedonian" as the name of the language:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

So - as the pseudonym of the poster says - it's just noise.

Regards,
Mathias

Please don't reply to "nospamfor...@gmx.de".