jonathon has written on 3/17/2010 3:44 PM:

PJH wrote:

I don't see any motivation for a dyed-in-the-wool MS user to want to use ODF,
do you?

If the MSO2k7 users don't object to using a file format that is
incompatible with MSO2k7, there is no reason to migrate to ODF.

I don't follow you.

The reason this came up in the first place is that an Office 2007 user gave me a DOCX file that crashed writer 3.2 when I tried to open it. He sent me that file as an example of why he doesn't advocate using OOo in a "mixed" environment.

Doesn't Office 2007 produce Office 2007-compatible files?

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
 -- Napoleon Bonaparte