Mauricio Rubio Parra wrote:
Hello, I wanted to know why it isn't possible to save files in the latest
Microsoft Office version (xlsx, pptx, docx) from openoffice? And whether
this feature will or will not be available soon?
Thank you for your time.
Best regards,

Mauricio Rubio P.

There probably is no such capability because Microsoft forced through a new (and incompatible) "standard" for its "open" formats, which will use a similar mechanism, and I think the same extensions, if and when they ever get around to supporting it. So the Office 2007 versions appear to be both proprietary and dead-end. If there is any actual capability that could be saved in those formats, but not in the older ones, it would take a great deal of extra programming effort for very little payback to provide that type of file saving.

Just a guess, of course -- I'm not an OOo developer.