-------- Original Message  --------
From: Harold Fuchs <fuchs.har...@gmail.com>
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:12:48 +0100

> I used to use an MD5 checksum checker that worked as an extension in
> Firefox (FF). So, for example, I could download OOo and check its
> checksum with a simple button press in FF. Unfortunately, after
> upgrading to FF 3.5.2 the extension stopped working. I've looked through
> the extensions on the Firefox extension page and the ones that look
> interesting explicitly say "not available for Firefox 3.5.2".
>
> Any recommendations? Perhaps a non-Firefox solution? I'm on Windows XP
> Pro and Vista Home Premium.

I use "DownThemAll!", which includes MD5SUM checking and works cross
platform, with all FF versions up to 3.6.8
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201/

It is sometimes the case that the "not available for Firefox x.x.x" is
simply not true. There's no guarantee, but I have often edited the
version information of an extension's install.rdf file and it works
perfectly with the later version. The "Nightly Tester Tools" extension
also allows you to override compatibility.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543/

HTH

Dave