I'm 99% sure this tag is generated by a link in one of the OOo web pages. I found it by chance many moons ago but can't remember where. If someone has access to some good web-site search tools it shouldn't be too hard to find. Changing it would also be trivial for whoever has the rights to make changes to those pages.

The tag is generated by a "subject=" component of a mailto: link. I personally think the tag should be removed so that the *only* way to tell a message from an unsubscribed poster would be the presence of the "delivered to: moderator" header. This would also avoid all the confusion about threads that has been discussed in the users@ list.

The link will be of the form <a href="mailto:us...@openoffice.org?subject=[moderated]";>

A long time ago there was also a mailto: link that had as its "subject=" component the text (in upper case) "ENTER YOUR SUBJECT HERE". The result was a plethora of messages with exactly that subject line because the poster didn't realise what s/he was supposed to do. That disappeared a while ago to the benefit of us all. Let's please get rid of the "[moderated]" tag too.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England