I've been asking on 'users' about running a live video stream from within Impress. The problem seems to have reduced to running a given macro when a particular slide is shown.

The problem is, there seem to be no available hooks for doing this. I have found some code to run a given macro for /every/ slide change, but can't see how to fix it up (my knowledge of the OOo API is worse than sketchy!). If anyone knows a way, I'd be grateful; if there is no way - should there be? -- it looks like a potentially useful hook to have available.

Meanwhile, I did find in the help file mention of specifying a macro to run when a given image is loaded, which promised a workaround of sorts for me. But the help file is highly misleading, I'm afraid - it tells me to "Choose Insert/Format - Picture - Macro tab" which is nowhere to be found in Impress -- although it /is/ there in Writer (but not Draw or Calc)!!! It's yet another unhelpful and irritating inconsistency between modules.

Thanks in advance for any help. I feel like I'm battering my head against a wall at present :-{

Oh, OOo 3.2 on ubuntu, btw.

--
Mike Scott