On 9/9/2010 2:50 PM, Kagan Varoglum wrote:
Hello,

I am MacBook Pro user and today I download OpenOffice and it works very well. I just have
a question mark in my mind. When I want to update the OpenOfficeI received status message
"checking for an update failed". Could you please tell me why upload is failed?
and how to solve this problem. I already register this product and I am sure that my
internet connection work fine.

Thank you

Kagan V.

[Kagan (kagan.varog...@gmail.com) is not subscribed and probably will not see any responses unless directly copied.]

I don't know why the check for an update failed, but it really is not necessary to get new versions of OOo immediately. Using the option to check for updates extends the startup time for OOo because of the connection, and unlike most other software you're familiar with, an "update" of OOo is actually a complete replacement. If you subscribe to annou...@openoffice.org (by sending a message to announce-subscr...@openoffice.org) you will be aware of any updates when they are ready for distribution, and then you can decide whether to get the new version or not.