On 10/14/2010 05:57 AM, Malte Timmermann wrote:

> It's not clear to me how contributions to LO will make their way to
> OpenOffice.org.
>
> For me, it looks very much one-way: LO grabbing a lot of stuff from OOo,
> but LO not contributing anything to OOo.

In the same hand it's not clear, to me, why OOo haven't taken advantage
of code contributions from others - go-oo for example... A prime example
of this is OOo's stance on not using, or offering gstreamer, and instead
insisting linux users using closed, old (2003), outdated, not-updated,
jmf instead for sound & video. In July it was announce that OOo will
finally support gstreamer:

<http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/better_multimedia_support_for_openoffice1>
[comments are necessary reading]

<http://people.gnome.org/~michael/blog/2010-07-06-ooo-gstreamer.html>

Supposedly OOo will have gstreamer in OOo 3.4? I see no sign of it in
3.3dev.