On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Christian Lippka <
christian.lip...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> Am 20.10.2010 19:03, schrieb Alexandro Colorado:
>
>  On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Rob Clement<r...@robbev.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  I bring to the attention of this group an article from ZDNet and wonder
>>> what others think of these events
>>>

>>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/oracle-purging-openofficeorg-community-council/7575?alertspromo=&tag=nl.rSINGLE
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>>>  Does that means Oracle is taking control on the user contributions A.k.a
>> budget, destined to the community, but now is wholy oracle's property to
>> decide where to use it?
>>

> If you do read the actual log and not only the press postings you will
> find that stuff like
>
> "Later in the transcript, he admitted “I only see Cor Nouws, Christoph
> Noack and Olivier Hallot as the community members and all other are now
> Oracle employees so I take it as Oracle wants us to get out.”
>
> is just not true, in the mentioned log you will find
>
> "(20:49:36) paveljanik: I (maybe I'm naive) expect that people with
> "conflict of interest" will automatically step down."
>
> You may know that Pavel is not an Oracle employee.
>
> The TDF is already doing one thing very well, using the press to
> their advantage. It is called propaganda for a reason.
>
> So who is the merchant of doubt which will harm our project?
> I already know that at least one of them will answer to my
> mail and tell the world it is Oracle.

So who is taking control of the budget? I heard that Cor and other community
members were pushed aside from their budget approver positions and replaced
by an Oracle employee.

This was not on the press release, yet still support the idea of taking
control of the contributors donations for the community and not oracle.