Rob Clement wrote:
I bring to the attention of this group an article from ZDNet and wonder what others think of these events

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/oracle-purging-openofficeorg-community-council/7575?alertspromo=&tag=nl.rSINGLE

Thanks

Rob
It tells me that it is time to stop promoting OOo and get behind Libre Office. Apparently it is no longer OOo, for OpenOffice.org, but rather OOO for Oracle Open Office. I can't see Open Source supporters supporting a corporate product. I would have to agree that it would be best if a lot of corporate users like members of the Fortune 500 went from MS Office to OOO, it would at least increase adoption of ODF but for home users, schools etc. it would make much more sense to use and support LO.