On Saturday 13 Nov 2010 11:32:05 Robert Derman wrote:

> > Really? Tell that to all those on dial-up connections.
>
> Statistically very few people are on dial up any more.  Also if the
> manual is provided as an ODF file it really wouldn't have to be very
> large.  thats one of the virtues of ODF, it make for very compact
> document storage.

About 40% in NZ, including me.  even many of those with "broadband" are stuck
on 128k, that's reflected in rural communities everywhere, your statement
shows little grasp of the facts.  It may be so in your small part of the
world, but not reflected worldwide.

Cheers
GL

--
Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Open Technologies)
www.theingots.org