On Wed Nov 17 2010 16:40:18 GMT-0800 (PST)  David B Teague wrote:
On 11/17/2010 2:27 PM, Robert Derman wrote:
I still say that there should be a users manual right in the download package. And to keep it to a managable size, it should be in ODF format not PDF and it should be formatted 8.5x11, not 5x7. Also it should be edited down to no more than 100 pages so that the end users might actually decide to print it on hard copy. It would probably be best to just touch lightly on the modules other than Writer, telling the user where to go to download seperate manuals for Calc, Impress, Draw, Base and Math.
Thanks. A manual of that dimension would be great. And at least there should be a pointer to a manual that is as you describe. As most folks don't use the other modules except for perhaps Impress, so there should be a page or two on the other modules and a pointer to real manuals. But I agree whole heartedly with the sentiment you express.

ODT and PDF versions of all users manuals are available from http://www.oooauthors.org/ , a wiki version is available at http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/ . You will need to scroll down a little to see the users guides but they are there.

HTH
Andy