On 12/20/2010 12:42 PM, Tony Pursell wrote:
I think it may be possible for Base to connect to an Access database
using ODBC but I'm not that technical.  However I do have a program
called MDB viewer on my Ubuntu system that will open and export Access
tables to .csv files that can be opened in OOo Calc and copied to Base.
Possibly, there are Windows programs that will do the same

Tony

Base can connect to an Access database and use its tables (read/write), or the tables can be copied into a new Base database (no need to go through Calc). What's missing is all the stuff like queries, reports, and so on -- those don't work across the filetypes.