Hi Walter,

2011/2/2 Walter Schmuck <walterschm...@gmx.de>:
> Hi there,
>
> yesterday my Computer had a really bad error running Open Office. I was about
> to complete a very important text as suddenly my Computer reboots. It just
> happend while I was saving the file. So I was reliefed. But now all of the
> text is left, is this sign: #.
> When I try to load the file OpenOffice asks me for an ASCII Filter.
>
> Is there anything I can do, to save my work? Can I send the file to anyone
> who might be able to fix it?

you could try the following:
- First, make a copy of your file and work only with the copy. :)
- Second, rename your file to something like myname.zip.
- Third, try to unzip this file with a program of your choice.
- Fourth, look for the file "content.xml" in the newly created folder.
- Fifth, you can now copy what is in the content.xml into a new document.

This process means, that you have to redo the formatting, but at least
you have your text saved. I really hope, that there is some more text
than just '#'.

Good luck.

Sigrid