On 11/02/2011 15:07, René Bjerre Andersen wrote:
No software in the world can do what I need it to do.

I'm a teacher and amateur musician and often I need to have a song
transposed to a different key e.g. from G-major to D-major. But I have to do
this manually: find every G-chord and change it to D. This can sometime be a
bit troublesome as I have to use color-coding. E.g. if I change all G-chords
in the text below (I'm Moving On - Rascal Flats) I get an intro like this D
C      D - I can't tell if it's right or I still have to transpose the last
D-chord to an A...

There's quite a lot about. Someone else has mentioned lilypond, which may be a bit heavy duty. (I'm almost sure there's a gui editor to go with this, but can't remember the name offhand.) It might be worth looking at abcm2ps, which offers a lighter-duty non-gui approach to music typesetting, along with abc2abc which will do transpositions for you.

I know there's a least one 'fake book' program, which will do chord transpositions (and even recommend guitar capo position) and output a more-or-less usable odf file. There must be others, I'm sure.

If £££ don't matter, there's always the likes of Sibelius!

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England