Hi Zachary,

I did not hear about somebody starting such a port. I know that a port for Linux arm-eabi has been done by Caolán McNamara and by Peter Naulis which I believe might be a good starting point but It's just a guess because this is not my expertise. If you want to volunteer on porting OpenOffice.org to Android then please contact the team at the porting project at http://porting.openoffice.org. Be aware that porting to the underlying processor architecture on one operating system platform is just a starting point. I believe that there's a lot more work to be done to get the OpenOffice.org's UI to render on Android. And maybe some of the tooling needed has to be ported and/or to be improved before starting with the rest. For example I do not know if the gcc cross compilation to arm-eabi will manage the whole build. Maybe the somehow stripped libc (called bionic) on Android won't provide all symbols needed (just a guess...).

Why do you prefer to have it on Honeycomb instead of having it on Gingerbread or on Froyo or on earlier systems instead ? I would love to see it on my Froyo device... Or maybe you want to plan to make int run on the current development codline Ice Cream which is planned to merge 2.x and 3.x codelines together ?