On 03.05.2011 09:19, Alexandro Colorado wrote:

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Nguyen Ngoc Quoc Thuan
<quocthua...@yahoo.com <mailto:quocthua...@yahoo.com>> wrote:

    Dear Open Office,

    I'm a Windows user and I'm about to change to linux. The one that I
    appreciate Linux community very much that it is free, and the Linux
    programmers do the jobs just for contribution to people.

    I'm now trying Ubuntu Linux and Open Office too. I think these
    features in Windows is valuable for me and it's very good if I can
    find it on Linux too:

         - In Office 2010, I can create a document with a table of
    content, then I save it to pdf format, the table of content of the
    document become the bookmarks of the converted pdf document. It's
    very useful when I want to publish my document to others.
         - Microsoft also have created an excellent program - onenote.
    With that application, I can easily takes notes and organize it to
    groups.

    Open Office have 2 version: for windows and Linux. So, I can start
    using it on Windows and when I change to Linux, I can reuse the
    documents that I created. It's good for users like me who is new to
    Linux.

    Thank you for reading.

Linux users already have a solution called Basket:
http://basket.kde.org/

I use a platform independent and browser based "note book" that lets me easily share my notes through several platforms and computers:

http://www.tiddlywiki.com/

Highly recommended.

Regards,
Mathias