On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Jake G. <dj_dark_jungl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I havent installed anything yet, because I am not sure what my NIC
> configuration should be to work with openvswitch.

It can be the same as what you would do with linux bridge while running VMs.

> Right now my settings are:
>
> eth0: 10.3.9.50/8 no gateway (management network-no internet)
> eth1: 192.168.100.131/24 GW=192.168.100.254 (Internet access)

If you want internet access for your VMs, you can do something like this.

ovs-vsctl add-br breth0; ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up; ovs-vsctl add-port
breth0 eth0; ifconfig breth0 10.3.9.50/8 up;

And then add one interface of every VM to breth0.

If you have ssh'd to your machine through eth0, do the above with
serial console so that you don't get locked out if you do a mistake.

I don't know what your end goal is. You can either leave eth1 as-is or
do the same as above for that too.

You can also have a bridge without any physical interfaces attached to
it and connect every VM's interface to it. This will allow all your
VMs to talk to each other but not with the outside world.