On Oct 2, 2013, at 7:11 PM, Morgan Yang <morgan.y...@radisys.com> wrote:

> Thanks. Is it possible to dump the flows into the ovsdb so if I have a backup
> ovs instance,, it can just load the flow information? Or, is it expected to
> have redundant openflow controllers to do that?

OVSDB and OpenFlow are two different protocols.  Regardless, though, the
learning table from the "normal" action is not remotely accessible.  If you are
doing learning in your controllers, though, then they'd be able to share that
information with each other.  In general, MAC learning is pretty fast and
transparent, so I'm not sure why you'd need to pre-populate it.  Since you
appear to be in wireless, maybe you are expecting devices to move and want
up-to-date locations?  I suppose you could build something with the learn
action and flow notifications, but it wouldn't be trivial.  Or you could just
build a local agent that monitors the FDB.  The best solution is obviously
going to depend on the problem you're trying to solve.

--Justin