On 11/09/2015 01:18 PM, v_d...@dell.com wrote:
>> My original thought was a new table of chains.  Each chain has a list of
>> service endpoints (originally i had this as logical ports, but it'd need
>> to be IP or MAC addresses, I guess).  A chain would also have a match
>> defined in the same syntax used by ACLs.  I imagined the implementation
>> in a separate logical flow table.
>
> Would the IP or MAC addresses be on same logical network or outside it?

Everything is on the table.  My guess is that in both cases, it could be
either.

An L2 destination could be on the same logical network, or on a physical
network on the other side of a vtep logical-to-physical gateway.  An L3
destination just has to be route-able from the current logical network,
so it could be either.

>> I wonder how much of this OPNFV has specified?  This seems like the
>> perfect sort of thing OPNFV can help specify and work with upstream
>> projects to get implemented.
>
>>> Yes, I think so too.
>
> Will be at OPNFV summit to get clarity on SFC requirements.

Great, thanks.  I'd like to get started on a design doc that starts to
capture the details.  It may still be a few weeks before I can get back
to it, though.

--
Russell Bryant