Hi Justin,

thank you for replying!

> I'm not familiar with pmacct, but a quick look at the documentation makes
it look like by default it captures 4KB per packet.  It could also be
dropping packets.  There are a lot of variables here.  You may want to check
the
> interface statistics in both the guest and dom0 to make sure those are
right.

pmacct itself is not the problem. Both pmacct configuration (the one in the
VM and the one on the XenServer host) are the same. Just one of them (the on
in the VM) seems not to get all traffic data.

I tried to do some more analysis. Doing a tcpdump for the same time for
around 15 seconds on the VM and the xenserver host gives very different
results:

+++
VM:

[root@xen04 ~]# tcpdump -i eth1 -n not port 22
(...)
1374 packets captured
1637 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel
+++

+++
XenServer Host:

root@trafficmirror:~# tcpdump -i eth1 -n not port 22
(...)
68272 packets captured
81960 packets received by filter
13663 packets dropped by kernel
+++

As we can see the VM only has a small amount of packets which arrive on eth1
interface in total.

Could this have to do with VLAN tagging? When reviewing the tcpdump it looks
like that I only see traffic inside that VLAN in which the VM is hosted in.
Traffic outside this VLAN is not available, although eth1/vif1.1 is not in a
VLAN. Only vif1.0 (the VM's network interface to connect to the server) is
inside a VLAN.

How can I get the rest of all the other VLAN traffic to my vif1.1?

Thank you,

Jerome