BTW, after re-reading my posting, I can see how it could easily be misunderstood to ask if OVS supported ASIC's. That wasn't my intent. What I'm asking is if OVS provides the same functionality as OF-DPA + ASIC's provide, such as the RFC's listed above.

I've read posting that have asked about "integrating OF-DPA software with the OVS code".

---John

On 2016-08-15 20:07, Ben Pfaff wrote:
On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 05:40:25PM -0400, John Chludzinski wrote:
What is the current relationship between OpenFlow Data Plane Abstraction and OpenVSwitch. I understand that OF-DPA is intended to support Broadcom's
ASIC's but does OVS provide similar services?

OVS doesn't provide any support for Broadcom's ASICs.

The current OF-DPA 2.0 spec supports the complete set of RFC for DiffServ.
What about OVS?

What RFCs are those?  What functionality do they provide?