Babar,

     No response for my mail, yesterday, I had an interview, and they asked
the same question, "How do you work under pressure".
On 1/12/06, Babar Abbas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello everyone!
               In the industry we work, we are consistently put under
pressure, deadlines, on time delivery, without any queries, the managers are
on us. I was wondering, that once, I used to worry about this a lot, which
had its biological impacts, head aches, back leg muscles tension, working
overnight.

What sort of pressure are you thinking of?  For instance, some
jobs require snap judgments (within a few seconds).  In other
cases people might have a deadline they have to meet in a few months.

What is creating the pressure?  Will I get fired unless I solve
a problem, or can I simply look busy when the boss turns up and

Do the people involved have any control over the pressure (I recall
one study showing rats that were randomly given an electric
shock developed more ulcers than those that had some control over
when they were shocked)?

What aspect of the psychology of programming are you interested
in with regard to pressure (eg, quality of code of people under pressure
vs. those not under pressure)?

--
Derek M. Jones                              tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]