Remember when you worked on those beautifully-crafted system
specifications, free of the terrors of implementation details?
Or when you coded up the fine Victorian Novel you'd been
given without having to test any of it?

Ahh, simpler times.

Well, now you can relive those halcyon days, when software was
specified, designed, coded, shipped and tested strictly in
that order, at the Waterfall 2006 conference, supposedly in
Niagara Falls on April 1st:

  http://www.waterfall2006.com/

Presentations that fill much-needed gaps in the schedule include:

  Cube farm designs that cut out conversation
    http://www.waterfall2006.com/cockburn.html

  Bringing Process Deviants Into Compliance
    http://www.waterfall2006.com/shimp.html

  Extreme Programming Uninstalled
    http://www.waterfall2006.com/jeffries.html

I'm sure other exciting topics will also be
discussed, and there will probably be plenty of
famous shoulders to cry on during the mandatory
periods of standing in the hall.

Unfortunately, I am not affiliated with this alleged event,
but I am willing to let a suitable corporate patsy fund me
to travel to Niagara Falls and mock anyone else who turns up.
I'm told the Canadian side is particularly picturesque, so
via there would be nice, thanks.
--
Frank Wales [EMAIL PROTECTED]