Hi there,

Your friend may want to consider Jeliot 3, the tool I am currently researching about (any collaboration is welcomed!). He can contact me or any other at the team for more information and support. http://cs.joensuu.fi/jeliot/

Other tools he may consider are
DrJava : http://drjava.org/
jGrasp : http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/

Regards,
Andrés

Andrés Moreno Garcia, MSc              Dpt. of Computer Science
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           University of Joensuu
Phone: +358 13 251 7977                PO Box 111, FIN-80101 Joensuu
Web: http://cs.joensuu.fi/~amoreno     Finland