From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 March 2007 14:57
To: discuss@ppig.org
Subject: PPIG discuss: Correlation between the ability to read code and
the ability to write code?

I have just had my paper entitled "Spatial skills and navigation of
source
code" accepted for the ITiCSE conference. One of the questions I have
been
asked is if spatial ability correlates with program development ability,
an
area not looked at in my study (I focussed on program
comprehension/reading).

Does anyone know of any work showing correlations between the ability to

read and write code? And if there is any work to show a relationship
between WRITING code and navigational/spatial ability?

Thanks very much,

Sue

attachment
may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer
system:
you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with
the
University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK
legislation.