Sadly, my professional experience included more projects like
Ruven's than like Frank's. This encompasses one generously funded
startup, and another high-cost internal development.

I've always remembered this succinct comment from a prospective
customer:

Customer: "This system doesn't provide anything I need. You're
trying to sell me an empty box"

Team of keen programmers: "But it's a very nice box ..."

Look forward to your agile programming story, Ruven - it will
almost certainly be repeated to my software engineering class!

Alan
--
Alan Blackwell           Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/afb21/       Phone: +44 (0) 1223 334418