Hello,
I have a generic question regarding an implementation of XForm with Restlet (for instance Chiba).

As a first step, this involves using a servlet engine, as Tomcat. If someone has just tried to do such thing, sharing his experience could prevent from common pitfalls. (tomcat version, JDK version ....)

I translate here an exchange with Jerome Louvel that provides me with the answer to the frequently asked question of the integration of Restlet with Tomcat.
----------
Hello,

There is no tutorial that explains how to integrate Restlet with Tomcat, only a point in the FAQ:
http://www.restlet.org/faq#02

As a summary, the goal is to use the class com.noelios.restlet.ext.ServerServlet as a Servlet Adaptator within Tomcat
and as HTTP connector within the Restlets.

1) Configure a webapp for Tomcat, see descriptor model:
http://www.restlet.org/docs/nre/com/noelios/restlet/ext/servlet/ServerServlet.html
You have to replace com.noelios.restlet.test.TraceTarget by your class that implements the interface Restlet (subclass of RestletContainer for instance). This class will be automatically instanciated at the first call to the connector and this instance will be used afterwards.

2) Include at least the following JARs:
org.restlet.jar
com.noelios.restlet.jar
restlet.servlet.jar

You may need a ServletContext that is accessible thanks to ServletCall.
Regarding XForms, it seems perfectly feasible with a REST architecture .

Jérôme Louvel

Frédéric Rougeot