On 5 Nov 2006, at 18:49, Vincent wrote:

Hi Jerome,

The choice of not exposing the query string and the fragment part of the
target resource URI was deliberate.

The question is: is the question mark part of the query string?

The reason is that the query string is often composed of a sequence of parameters ("key=value") that can appear in any order while keeping the same
semantics.

Agreed. I wasn't trying to define a regexp on the request parameters, I was just interested in catching the question mark. I wanted to differentiate
between '/accounts/123' and 'accounts?status=active'.
It turns out that attach("/account/[0-9]+",..) and attach("/accounts [.]+",...) does the trick, but attach("/accounts?[.]+",...") would have been slightly more
elegant.

Just a thought: could it be because "?" is a valid regexp meta- character (it may mean 'zero or one'). Did you try any escapes like "/ accounts\?[.]+". Also, if "[]" means 'character class' then surely "[.]+" and ".+" are identical?

I hope this helps as I haven't check the docs for the exact regexp language it uses.

Ta,

--
dahdah didi dahdidah di http://wiki.houseofmoran.com/