Hi Jim,

If you use an Application on your server, the DecoderService associated with
your Application should handle this automatically.

If you need to handle this decoding manually, use the
com.noelios.restlet.application.DecodeRepresentation class and do something
like:

        Representation decodedInput = new DecodeRepresentation(input);
        Object myObject = new
ObjectRepresentation(decodedInput).getObject();

If you want to automate this process, you can specialize your Application's
ConverterService.toObject() method and then just invoke
myRequest.getEntityAsObject();

BTW, thanks for the nice note [1] in the O'Reilly blog!

Best regards,
Jerome

[1] http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2007/04/restlets_for_all.html