On 7/13/07, Christopher Townson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
(I've always preferred using
jdom in the past, despite the introduction of a new dependency, so am
not very familiar with the org.w3c.dom api ... but I presume it must be
similar enough :D)

Chris, if you prefer JDOM - I think I do too, although I am new to
Java - why bother working with the W3C DOM at all? If it's because
that's how DomRepresentation works, then why not create a
JDomRepresentation, as a subclass of either DomRepresentation or it's
superclass, XmlRepresentation? In fact, I wonder whether such a class
might be a good candidate for inclusion in Restlet itself.

I'm still a Java newbie, but if you'd be interested in developing this
class together, and maybe even submitting it as a patch to Restlet,
I'd be game.

Meantime, I'll be trying to figure out how to use the JAXB extension.

Take care,
Avi

--
Avi Flax